Sunday, June 14, 2015

My Creative Life

Welcome.  I am blogging again.
Yes....I am aware this is the 5th blog I have started over the years.
Yes...I do plan on keeping this one going.

I have removed all my previous blogs.  It's not that my thoughts at the time were unimportant, it is the fact that I need a space to assemble all parts of my life into one blog.  Here is where we will travel together on my creative journey with some getaways into my personal life.  I needed one spot to cover it all.  Together we will travel.  There will be family and friends that drop in, but mostly we will talk about my daily excursions through my creative life.  I want a place to share with the world what I am creating, why I'm creating, how I'm creating and the joy I get out of each of the processes I do.
Most people find  a hobby and stick with it to the end.  You will see my journey will take you all over the creative map. My primary creative joy is playing with sticks and string in the form of knitting.  Included, is making the string itself by spinning.  I always have multiple knitting projects going at different stages so there is always something to work on to fit my current needs.  I have projects that will make me work and think and others that are Zen to make me relax.  Either way, as long as there are sticks in my hand I am happy.

Talking about Zen time brings me to my second hobby.  This is one that I have played with over the years, but I have recently taken joy in art form and dabbling my hand at it.  It is the art of Zentangles.  What are Zentangles you ask?  Why they are intricate designs, created with pen on paper.  You can learn about them here.  This form of drawing is the perfect way to relax and unwind at the end of the day.  I keep pens and pencils and my zen journal next to my bed and doodle before going to sleep.

This blog will also be a place where I post about my letter writing experiences.  Back in the teenage days, before e-mail, computers, free long distance phone lines, the only way I could communicate with friends that lived far away was to write them letters.  I have found a community of people (ironically enough, thanks to the internet) who also enjoy writing letters so now I am establishing Pen-Pal relationships all over the world. I have always had a love relationship with pretty papers, good pens in a variety of colors, and stickers.  What a great way of putting this love into decorating stationary and sending notes to people.  I know every time I get a note in the mail it puts a smile on my face.  The stationary supplies available now are endless and the sky is the limit on what you are able to create with them.  I also love other people's stories, as we know every one has one.  I probably won't be sharing most of the letters being exchanged but I will be sharing the Post Cards I receive through a site called PostCrossing.  I am a new member to this site.  I have sent out my first 2 post cards and I am so excited to be receiving post cards from all over the globe.

I wish I could say my hobbies in the creative world stop here but they don't.  As we journey together you will learn about many more ways I get inspired and dapple in other creative outlets.  I get inspired by reading, cooking and journaling.  These too, at times, will sneak into the blog as I have something to say about them.  My mind is always on, active and ready to jump into action to make the world a more beautiful place.

This blog will explore my creative experiences, where I am creating, who I am creating with and glimpses into my personal life as it relates to the creative process.  Sit back and I hope you plan on coming along on this journey with me.  I will try to keep things fresh and exciting, but as you all know life is not always like that.  Everyday is an adventure waiting to happen and each week, mostly Sunday mornings, I will be reporting my weekly adventures to you.

My family and I went to see the movie Tomorrowland last night.  I will leave you with a final thought from the movie: Every day is the opportunity for a better tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Good for you on creating a new blog! PostCrossing sounds interesting and exciting. Can't wait to see what you share from it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you continue to visit.

      Delete
  2. Zentangles! I never knew they had a proper name, other than doodles. I hope you can post some of what you create - I find them endlessly fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I enjoy your new blog and look forward to future posts of yours.

      Delete
  3. Zentangles! I never knew they had a proper name, other than doodles. I hope you can post some of what you create - I find them endlessly fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely that you make time for letter writing. I'm looking forward to reading your upcoming posts! Glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete