Sunday, October 4, 2015

Well Hello Again!

My theory was right......once you stop it is hard to get started again.  Sorry for the absence but WHEW....what a month September was and now life is returning to normal.  Nothing bad happened, just time flew away from me and now I have caught up.  I am back in the present and ready to return to routine, which includes blogging on Sunday Mornings.

So here is my September wrap up in a nutshell:

My daughter left for Mexico, and I think that was the last blog post, Labor Day weekend.
***I hate having her so far away but she is have some great experiences and I am so happy for her***
We had a wedding to attend for the son of close friends of ours.

We celebrated the Jewsih New Year followed by Yom Kippur
***I want to wish all of my Jewish Friends who read this a happy and healthy NEW YEAR!***

If you are a member of Ravelry, and a knitter and have not heard....The DownCellar Studio Podcast Pigskin Party Kicked off.  More on that below.  I am the co-moderator for the party and there is lots going on.

Attended Sukkot holiday parties and dinners, although due to weather - most were rained out.

Now - Welcome to October!  My favorite month and my birthday month!
Fall is in full swing.  I am just waiting now for the full foliage to hit.  We finally go the rain needed to ensure that the leaves show their full glory.

Life Notes:
My youngest turned 21 this past week. It is really official, I no longer have children living in this house.  Over the past 25 1/2 years I planted, nurtured, tended to, cared for, and cultivated these two humans.  They have grown and matured into fine adults.  They are free thinkers, independent, hard workers, and life loving adults.  I can now sit back and reap the harvest of my hard work.  I am still the mother, but my role has changed.  They are self sufficient adults and I am so proud of them. I have moved from teacher to adviser / consultant.

With everything going on, I am still out and about and having fun.  Last weekend was a bit of a crazy one.

 Running to the Big E out in Springfield on Saturday night, followed by a sightseeing cruise around Salem Sound on Sunday morning left me feeling quite tired all week, but well worth it.
So to give you some idea, Saturday we hopped in the car for an hour and a half ride out to Springfield MA for the New England State Exposition.  The group Kansas was performing.  (Video below not from the Big E but snagged off You Tube)
The concert was held in an outdoor arena so we could hear them all over the park.  We walked around and listed to the songs that brought back so many teenage memories.  It is amazing what power music and lyrics have on triggering memories and feeling from way back!  Listening to Kansas and the songs I used to love made my heart sing.
Since we were at the fair, I could not skip my Maine baked potato.  I think this is the longest line at the fair every year.  Those potatoes are always the best.  I think we waited 45 minutes to get one.  
The park closed at 10:00pm and everyone filtered out to the parking lot.  Now you would think after many years of holding this event they would have worked out an exit system for all the cars parked on their lot....NO!  We did not leave the parking lot until 11:30pm and we still had an hour and a half ride home.  I haven't pulled a night like that in a long time.

That did not stop me though...the next day we were out of the house by 8:30am to catch the Sea Shuttle that took off from Salem Sound for an 1 3/4 hour tour of the North Shore by boat.  We had a fabulous tour guide Captain John, who is very knowledgeable about the history of the North Shore area.  The weather was perfect and he was very informative.  It was a beautiful morning followed by a fantastic lunch on the outside deck of the Sky View Oyster House at Pickering Wharf in Salem.
I tried a new beer during lunch called Holy Gose.  It was an interesting beer.  Almost like a Shandy.  It had a very citrus flavor and ended with a sharp lemony taste instead of the bitter hops taste a beer usually has. I really enjoyed this one.  It paired nicely with my fish tacos while sitting on the outside deck overlooking the harbor.  It was overall the perfect afternoon.  On the plus side, we were back home to watch the last quarter of the Patriot's game.  Another win for the Pats.  Yeah team!

So what is that PigSkin Party I spoke of before?
Check out the Down Cellar Studio Website to learn more about it.  It is a great way to use game time for knitting time.  Knit up yardage, that gets converted into points, points become entries for one of the many prizes that will be available during the football season.  The Party runs from the  NFL Season kickoff on September 10 thru the end of the Superbowl game on Superbowl Sunday in February.  Each week are special Bingo Games to win patterns, there are chatter threads and instagram #Hashtags for more prize chances.  We have created monthly interceptions with special projects and requirements also eligible for prizes along the way.  If you like knitting and winning come check us out.....Football watching is not required.

Welcome back all my readers.  I'm glad even though I took some time off you are still coming back for more.  I have scheduled my blogging time so hopefully this will not happen again.

Until next week....my quote:
There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore, there is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar; I love not Man the less, but Nature more.
By Lord Byron

2 comments:

  1. Now that was a lot to read and a busy month behind you. Life can be busy even when the children are gone and not children anymore. Love your pictures and the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a great trip! Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete