Sunday, August 30, 2015

Ending on a High Note

This was not a good week, yet I cannot explain why.  I felt overworked, stressed, run down, tired and in need of a vacation.  I was not feeling sick, Work was not out of the ordinary crazy/busy.  I just was not feeling it this week.  I've vented and now it is time to move on!

We are almost at September and that means it is time to start my new planner (even thought I cheated and started it already).  My first goal towards being more organized and accountable for the things I want to accomplish and places I want to go.  If I write them down then I have to do them.  I am still easing myself into what I want my weekly spreads to look like, fancy yet functional or more functional with a little fancy.  I will share next week a planner spread as I start to process how I will be recording events and memories while keeping track of lists and meal planning.

As crazy as life felt this week there were some great accomplishments along the way:
First in the knitting:  I finished my shawl, I am so glad it is done, one because it took longer than it really should have, and it just needed to get finished.  The other reason....It is beautiful!
It grew quite a bit during blocking and it much larger than I had originally expected.  It was a simple knit where you knit the side lace panel then garter stitch all the way up to the point.  It was supposed to be two colors but I had three that went together so I did it with 3 colors and I am so happy with the results.
As part of the Yarniac's KAL  for the Colors of Fall I need to put together an outfit for this so I will post again next week the full stylish look.
There is plenty of time to join in if you want a fun and exciting KAL.  You can find the details about this KAL on the Yarniac's Ravelry Group (HERE)
Project Details:
Pattern:  La Playa (This is a link to the pattern on Ravelry)
Designer:   Sara Gresbach
Yarn:  Fiddlesticks Enticing
Needle Size:  4
Total Yardage:  434

While on the topic of knitting, I am moderating the DownCellar Studio Ravlery board and helping Jen (BostonJen) out with he 2nd Annual DCSPigSkin Party.  Jen and I run a KAL that spans the time of Kickoff from the first NFL game of the season through to the end of the Superbowl.  If you love to knit, watching football games is optional, this is the KAL for you.  Check out the details (HERE) on the DownCellar Studio Website.  We have lots of plans this year for weekly Bingo games as well as special assignments to keep you interested all season long.  We kick off on September 10, so don't delay.  Get your name on the roster.

I cooked this week too.  Well, actually my crockpot did all the work, I just needed to throw it all in there.  I made homemade vegetarian Refried Beans and they were nothing like you would get from a can!  They were delicious and enough to throw some in the freezer for next week.  It was so simple to make.  I found the recipe online at the Mom on Timeout website.
Refried Bean Recipe
Every Tuesday night in our house is Taco Tuesday so this was a treat with the tacos.  The bonus is that it called for Jalepeno Peppers and we had some ripe ones fresh from the garden.  Yum! Unfortunately they have been harvesting faster than we can use them.  I think we will have some homemade dried pepper flakes this winter.



 So as the title says....the HIGH NOTE!  Yes there was some fun to end the week.  Saturday my husband wanted to go to the Cape Cod Food Truck Festival. We have never been to one before and not sure how much I could really eat there, being vegetarian.  Well, I'm glad we finally went to one.  What a fun day it turned out to be.  There were many trucks there that offered vegetarian options.  We tried some new foods as well as settled on some of our basics.  There was a Samuel Adams Beer Garden as well so I got to try their new Octoberfest Beer.  It was really good.
One of the new foods we tried were from a truck offering Korean Fare.  We tried the Rice Cake Skewers.  They were really good.  They were more of a thick noodle consistency covered in a red sweet and spicy sauce.  That was just an appetizer, I followed that with just some Tofu Teriyaki which was nothing special, Dessert was the best, a waffle covered in Chocolate and Strawberries.  It was delicious.We ate, we drank a little, listened to the live band, walked around the Etsy Craft Fair and stayed around for a couple hours doing this.  Around 4:00ish it was time to leave, but we were already on the cape so a nice afternoon stop at a beach was in order. 
We stopped and rested for a couple of hours, and at 6:00 decided it was time to find a place for dinner.  As fun as the day was, this was my highlight.  We found on Facebook a restaurant nearby right on the Cape Cod Canal.  It was busy and we waited over an hour for a table.  (It was a Saturday Night over the Summer) but during that wait we walked along the Cape Cod Canal for a little while at sunset....Stunning!

I don't have an actual Quote this week but I found this saying on a sign somewhere, I don't know who or where it was from but I've always loved it and it works so well with my week in review:

A bad day at the beach is still better than a good day at the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment