Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Time is Now

Today I am struggling with to blog now or to wait until later.......
I have actually scheduled my blog time into my weekly routine, because if I don't, it will be put off one week then maybe skipped another week until finally I fall out of habit and it does not get done at all.  This usually starts when I have nothing to say.
Instead of choosing a new time just so I have something to say, I will do a short post this week because I know I will have a huge post next week!

I have lots of things happening, but nothing that has happened worth reporting.  Most things in my life are right now a work in progress, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is all going as planned, for the most part.

1.  The Basement Project:  Yes, we are finally redoing the basement.  When we moved into the house 13 years ago it was an entertainment room, play room, office, craft room.  We still have out 28in picture tube television in a big clunky entertainment center with a playstation 2 that doubles as a DVD player, our old VHS video player, turntable and tape deck all plugged into a receiver that is old and not working.  Thank you for the Massachusetts Tax Free Shopping Weekend!  We now have a nice 43" Flat Screen TV with a new TV stand that will hold the Playstation 3, that will double as a BluRay player and a new Bluetooth Home Theater receiver that will play Pandora through our upstairs speakers that have been silenced for years.  The goal of updating the basement by the end of the summer is underway.  Hopefully, the basement will be an enjoyable room to hang out in again.

2.  Organization:  Yes I am getting organized.  Just before the summer I started feeling stagnant creatively.  For the past 3 years my paints stopped flowing, my pens stopped writing and all I have been doing is clicking my needles and twisting yarn into beautiful projects.  I am not complaining, as I love my yarn and my knitting but there are other crafts I have pushed aside and I have been itching to get back to.  Little by little I have been going through my supplies, figuring out what needs to be replaced, building new collections because in September I plan on scheduling my journaling, and drawing times as well.  As part of the organizing plan I have been spending the past few weekends putting together my homemade Midori Style planner.  I am almost finished so pictures will be posted next week.  I am so pleased with its progress and how nice I am fitting everything into this one book.  I am hoping to use it on our overnight getaway next weekend.

3.  Back to the Gym:  I must say, I am pretty proud of myself for not putting back on all the weigh I had lost since starting my lifestyle change since January.  This summer put the brakes on my gym routine since I needed to make sure my daughter had transportation to and from the train station so she could work.  As sad as I am to see her go back to school in September, I will admit, my life goes back to my normal routine.  I will be scheduling my gym time back into my routine.  I've still done a lot of walking this summer with all my visits to the city.  I think that has helped, but I am even a little excited about getting back into the exercising.  It was starting to feel good.  I would be even happier if I can lose just another 10 lbs before the end of the year.

What's New?

The newest page in my Zentangle sketchbook.  Maybe someday I will actually use the Zentangle tiles I have, I just find my sketchbook is much more portable.

  I was playing around and decided to use a Tangle pattern that stared with each letter of my name.

L - Lantern-Pho
I - Inapod
S- Sanibel
A- Antidot

I am really in love with the way this one turned out.  I am really working hard on finding patterns that work well together.  I've done some others that just don't sing to me when they are finished because there is usually a pattern that is not flowing correctly or the scale or shading are just not right.

My next challenge to myself is to start coloring them in.  I love the black and white, but I've seen so many colored ones that are really pretty.

There is no real progress on the knitting front and the Fauxdori Planner will be my show and tell next week.  I am so excited about this!

I will leave you with this fun little fact I saw after taking one of those Facebook Quizzes kind of things..... .    I was born  26,735,460 minutes ago
Yes its dumb little things like this that got me thinking.  
1.  Is this accurate - so I pulled out my calculator and yes it adds up to 50.8665525 years.  Amazing.  
2.  Did I live these each of these minutes to the fullest?  Without going minute by minute throughout my life my short answer will be - YES!
3.  If I think of 50 years as middle life then I still have that many more minutes to use, how will I use them.....???

And here is where I will keep you thinking.  Use each minute wisely.  Make the most of the time you have been given.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow you have been busy and are organized! Great work on your house and diet! I need to change my lifestyle a bit. Am working on it. You are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete